New Build Basement, Surrey
Newton System 500 was used to waterproof a large basement area as part of a prestigious new-build property in Surrey, installed by Newton Specialist Basement Contractor MacLennanUK.
This large new-build property had a very large basement area which needed to be waterproofed to meet BS 8102 requirements, the British Standard for the protection of structures against water from the ground. Because it is not possible to determine the amount of potential water pressure surrounding a structure, BS 8102 tells the designer to expect a head of water against the structure. In addition, BS 8102 requires that all waterproofing is easily maintainable and repairable.
Newton Specialist Basement Contractor, MacLennanUK were commissioned to design and install a Cavity Drain Waterproofing System. Newton 508 Cavity Drain Membrane was applied to all internal walls, and ingressing water was collected into the Basedrain channels throughout the perimeters of the wall/floor junction and pumped out to safe drainage using the Newton Titan Pro pumping system.
The property is completely protected against water ingress and the occupants have the benefits of a large high performance basement area.
See Newton Waterproofing's company profile here.
- The Hopbunker, Cardiff
- The Gunnery, Kent
- 1-9 Seymour Street, London
- Former Central Fire Station, Birmingham
- White Collar Factory, City Road, London
- LLandegfedd Reservoir Visitor Centre, South Wales
- Retrofit Basement, London SW3
- Double-level Residential Basement, London NW8
- Pickenham Hall (Grade II listed) Extension, Norfolk
- Asquith Villas, Wandsworth Common, London
- Hugo Boss Flagship Retail Store, London
- Farmhouse Basement, Yorkshire
- Royal Courts of Justice, Westminster
- The Fusion, Shoreditch
- The Material Store, Hayes