PCA on-demand webinar: Building Regulations for Basement Conversions
26 Jul 2021
Understanding the requirements of the Building Regulations is a vital part of any basement development. This on demand webinar gives an overview of what needs to be considered to ensure a basement conversion gets Building Regulations approval.
What you will learn from the webinar
- Learn more about basements beyond waterproofing
- Develop your understanding of Building Regulations for basement conversions
- Understand the applicable approved documents including:
- Approved Document B – Fire Safety in Dwelling houses
- Approved Document L1b – Conservation of Fuel and Power in existing dwellings
- Approved Document F – Means of Ventilation
About the presenter: James Berry
James Berry joined the Property Care Association (PCA) team as Technical Manager in 2016 having previously worked as a surveyor for a national preservation company. He holds a degree in Applied Geology and both the CSRT and CSSW accreditations. He is passionate about the need for adopting a holistic approach to tackling moisture in the built environment and is the lead on the new Residential Ventilation Group sector of the PCA. James is also responsible for the running of the structural waterproofing sector of the association.